General information: (973) 757-6000
Tickets: (973) 757-6600
25 Lafayette Street
Newark, NJ 07102
NBA TO STAGE FIRST-EVER NBA DRAFT FAN ZONE IN NEWARK
NBA Draft 2011
NBA TO STAGE FIRST-EVER NBA DRAFT FAN ZONE IN NEWARK AS PART OF THE 2011 NBA DRAFT PRESENTED BY KIA MOTORS
ON THURSDAY, JUNE 23, FROM 12 P.M. TO 7 P.M., AT CHAMPIONSHIP PLAZA, AT THE PRUDENTIAL CENTER
Fans Will Be Able to Take Part in a Variety of NBA-Themed Activities
Newark, NJ – June 21, 2011 – The NBA will hold its first-ever NBA Draft Fan Zone in Newark as part of the 2011 NBA Draft presented by Kia Motors. The event is free, open to the public and will feature a variety of interactive basketball activities and attractions. The event, which will be held at Championship Plaza at the Prudential Center, will tip off with a special appearance by Newark Mayor Cory Booker and feature an appearance from Milwaukee Bucks player Brandon Jennings.
As part of the 2011 NBA Draft Fan Zone, fans will be able to:
- Compete for the chance to win prizes and tickets to the 2011 NBA Draft presented by Kia Motors.
- Take part in a series of basketball activities on the Kia Center Court, a full-sized basketball court and a kids court.
- Measure up their height, foot and hand size to a variety of NBA Players.
- Enjoy food and drinks from local vendors.
- Purchase Newark merchandise at the "Made in Newark" Shop.
- Check out the latest Kia Optima and Kia Sorrento
WHAT: The NBA will hold its first-ever NBA Draft Fan Zone in Newark as part of the 2011 NBA Draft presented by Kia Motors
WHEN: Thursday, June 23
Event Hours: 12:00 to 7:00 p.m.
Media Photo Opportunity with Newark Mayor Cory Booker: 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Media Photo Opportunity with Milwaukee Bucks player Brandon Jennings: 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
WHERE: Championship Plaza at the Prudential Center
Edison Place & Mulberry Street
Contact: Press Information Office – (973) 733-8004
NBA Communications Office, Ahyiana Deldridge - (212) 407-8179
NBA Communications Office, Carmine N. Tiso - (212) 407-8208